Talks between the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) and Gezhouba Group on the resumption of the work on Dasu hydropower project remained inconclusive on Wednesday.
The work on the 4,320-megawatt Dasu hydropower project was halted after 13 workers, including nine Chinese, were killed in an explosion on the bus carrying the workers to an under-construction tunnel of the dam on July 13.
One of the negotiators said that the talks, which were postponed earlier last week, resumed in presence of the Chinese ambassador Nong Rong but remained inconclusive on the security and other issues.
“However, it was mutually decided to hold another round of talks to ensure the early resumption of the work on Dasu dam,” he added.
Chairman Lt Gen (Retd) Muzammil Hussain led the WAPDA in talks with the Chinese consortium.
“Now the army’s brigades deployed in Kohistan district will escort Chinese nationals at work and back to their respective camps via Karakoram Highway,” an official said.
Both sides also discussed the progress made by the Chinese agencies and the Counter Terrorism Department in the Dasu bus explosion investigation.
“The Chinese government is thankful to the government of Pakistan for the facilities and the security provided to its nationals working on the Dasu dam and other projects being executed in Hazara under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor Initiative,” WAPDA’s members quoted the Chinese ambassador as saying at the joint meeting.