A civilian and a soldier were killed while another soldier sustained injuries in an attack on a military vehicle in Afghan capital Kabul on Monday.
Kabul police said in a statement that the army vehicle hit a landmine in the Jangalak area of Kabul’s 7th District at around 12 noon.
Police did not provide any details about the incident.
No group, including the Taliban, has claimed responsibility for the blast.
Earlier in the morning, the car of Khoshnood Nabizadeh, head of the office of Saadat Mansour Naderi, Minister of State for Peace, was attacked.
Police said the armored Land Cruiser was hit by a roadside bomb in the Shahid Crossroads area of Kabul’s 10th district, but there were no casualties.
Family sources said that Nabizadeh, his two children, and their driver were in the car at the time of the explosion. But they escaped unhurt.
There is an upsurge in targeted killings and blasts in Afghanistan in recent months as peace talks are going on in the capital of Qatar, Doha, between the Taliban and Afghan government representatives. The Taliban had a deal with former US president Donald Trump in February last year under which US has to pull troops out of the country in exchange for peace.
CONDEMNATION: Meanwhile, the UK embassy in Afghanistan condemns blasts in Kabul and says “this campaign of targeted violence directly opposes the spirit of peace talks and demonstrates a flagrant disrespect for life.”