The Parks and Horticulture Authority (PHA) has imposed a ban on the entry of TikTokers and YouTubers into public parks following the Minar-e-Pakistan harassment incident.
The decision was taken in a meeting of the PHA officials held in Lahore on Sunday.
According to a statement issued by the PHA, the Tiktokers have to take permission from the authority for entrance into parks.
Moreover, the PHA is also considering a ban on the entrance of more than two men in public parks.
Only national media will be allowed to shoot videos in parks. Permission to make videos for social media will be conditional on the submission of a script in advance, while security personnel deployed at the parks will monitor Tiktokers and YouTubers.
Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar will give final approval to impose ban.
Meanwhile, the PHA has increased security at three major public parks: Allama Iqbal Park, Potohar Park and Rawal Road Park.
The Dolphin Force and PHA additional guards have been deployed at Greater Iqbal Park.
The ban was imposed after the recent incident that took place at Minar-e-Pakistan where a female TikToker was harassed by more than 400 men at Greater Iqbal Park on Independence Day.
Police so far have arrested 130 people and identified 40 of them through videos of the incident.
Police said they have so far identified 40 people whose presence has been confirmed via video evidence available with the authorities.
They said that overall, 130 suspects have been arrested and 70 of them were released after the identification of 22 the previous day.
Meanwhile, it was reported that Prime Minister Imran Khan will get a briefing on assault and harassment against a female TikToker at Minar-e-Pakistan during his visit to Lahore on Wednesday.
It is learnt that the premier would also be briefed on various provincial affairs.
The prime minister will preside over a high-level meeting at the Chief Minister House where he would review uplift projects launched in the Punjab province.