On Tuesday, three more individuals have tested positive for COVID-19, which includes two foreign players and one local support staff member. This was revealed in a press briefing by Pakistan Cricket Board’s Director Media Sami-ul-Hasan Burney.
All four player will stay in isolation for the next ten days and will join the squad after testing negative. 50% crowds will be allowed to attend matches till March 16. The decision of having more fans for the playoff matches will be taken later after consulting with the National Command and Control Centre (NCOC).
He further added that PCB will have a virtual meeting will all the franchise owners and management. The PCB will take them in confidence about the measures taken so far and to ensure that COVID-19 protocols are followed.
Burni said that the PCB will hold a virtual meeting at 3pm with franchise owners and management teams to take them into confidence, give them reassurances and remind them to ensure SOPs are not violated.
The organizing committee of the PSL has asked players to ‘exercise caution’
“We conducted 244 PCR tests, in addition to the rapid tests conducted,” he said. “Of the 244 tests, three have come back positive. Two foreign players and one support staff have tested positive.”
He said that all other people who are in the bio-secure bubble will be retested for the virus on Thursday.
“At the moment, more than 300 people are in the bubble. These include players, officials, support staff, franchise owners and security officials,” he added, disclosing that rapid tests of the broadcast crew and the staff of the National Stadium had been conducted.
Furthermore, the postponed match between Quetta Gladiators and Islamabad United will go ahead as per schedule.