Shaheen, Sidra nominated for ICC Player of the Month Awards

The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Tuesday shortlisted the names of Shaheen Shah Afridi and Sidra Ameen of Pakistan for the Player of the Month Awards.

A total of six players – three each for men’s and women’s categories – were announced for the month of November. The remaining four players are from England, Thailand and Ireland.

For ICC Men’s Player of the Month, England’s duo of Jos Butler and Adil Rashid is in contention along with Afridi.

In case of ICC Women’s Player of the Month, the other two nominated cricketers are Natthakan Chantham of Thailand and Gaby Lewis of Ireland. All the three shortlisted women players are opening batters.

Butler has been nominated for brilliant captaincy while Adil and Shaheen for their impressive bowling at the recently-held T20 World Cup.

Meanwhile, Sidra’s first ever nomination in the Player of the Month Awards comes after her dazzling batting display in the victorious ODI series against Ireland in Lahore.

Ireland’s Gaby Lewis is named on the shortlist following impressive batting exploits in her side’s historic T20I series victory which immediately followed.

Thailand’s Natthakan also enjoyed a prolific month at the crease, registering big scores in her side’s ODI series victory on home soil against the Netherlands.

According to the cricket’s governing body’s rules, an independent ICC Voting Academy and fans around the world can now vote to decide the winners, which will be announced next week. Fans registered at icc-cricket.com/awards are invited to cast their votes until Saturday.

The Voting Academy submit their votes by email and hold a 90 per cent share of the vote. Fans registered with the ICC can vote via the ICC website, accounting for the remaining 10 per cent.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here