Federal cabinet of the new coalition government will take oath on Tuesday (today) at 11 am, however, President Arif Alvi will not administer the oath due to “ill health”.
The ceremony will be held in the Presidency and Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani will administer the oath to the cabinet members.
Members from the PML-N, the PPP, the JUI, the MQM and other allied parties will take the oath as ministers in the federal cabinet. After the swearing-in ceremony, notification of departments of federal ministers will be issued.
The following is the list of the party-wise divisions of ministries:
- Ministry of Climate Change — PPP
- Aviation Division — PML-N
- Commerce and Trade Ministry — PPP
- Ministry of Communications — JUI-F
- Ministry of Defence — PML-N
- Ministry of Defence Production — BAP
- Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs — PML-N
- Ministry of Education — BNP-M
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs — PPP
- Ministry of Human Rights — PPP
- Ministry of Housing — JUI-F
- Ministry of Industries and Production — PPP
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting — PML-N
- Ministry of Information and Technology — MQM-P
- Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs — PML-N
- Ministry of Energy — PML-N
- Ministry of Special Initiatives, Planning, and Development — PML-N
- Petroleum Division — PML-N
- Ministry of Poverty Alleviation — PPP
- Ministry of Privatisation — PPP
- Ministry of Railways — PML-N
- Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-faith Harmony — PML-N
- Ministry of SAFFRON — PML-N
- Ministry of Science and Technology — BAP
- Ministry of Water Resources — PPP
Earlier, the federal cabinet that was scheduled to take oath on Monday was postponed after an excuse from President Alvi.
The government’s spokesperson Marriyum Aurangzeb had earlier disclosed that the federal cabinet has been finalised.
KHURSHID SHAH SPEAKS: People’s Party (PPP) leader Khurshid Shah on Monday said that the 36-member new federal cabinet will take oath at 8:30 pm.
During an informal conversation with journalists, Shah revealed that the PML-N will have the majority in the cabinet with 14 ministers. The PPP will have 11, and the JUI-F will be given four ministries. The rest of the seven positions will be shared among other allies.
Meanwhile, BNP-M’s Akhtar Mengal said that they will not be a part of the cabinet for now.
Earlier, insiders said that PML-N’s Rana Sanaullah is likely to be interior minister, while Marriyum Aurangzeb is expected to be appointed as the information minister.
PML-N’s Khawaja Asif, Saad Rafique, Khurram Dastgir, Ahsan Iqbal, Shaista Pervaiz Malik, and Murtaza Javed are also likely to join the cabinet, they had said.
Independent candidates Mohsin Dawar and Aslam Bhootani and PML-Q’s Tariq Bashir Cheema are also likely to be included in the cabinet.
A day ago, Rana Sana had said that the ministry of foreign affairs is likely to be given to the PPP and Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari is deliberating over the decision.
“I cannot confirm whether Bilawal will become part of Shahbaz Sharif’s cabinet,” he had said.