Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah has said that the government is ready to form a judicial commission to probe life threats received by former prime minister Imran Khan.

After an alleged regime change conspiracy, the PTI chairman now repeatedly claims that a “conspiracy” is being hatched to assassinate him.

Talking to news channel on Monday night, Rana Sanaullah said that the government had provided Imran Khan prime minister’s level security and around 200 security personnel had been deployed for his safety.

“However, if he needs more security then tell us, we will provide it too,” he added.

The interior minister said Imran Khan should share the recorded video with the government as it was ready to make a judicial commission to probe his claim.

Shedding light on PTI leader Shahbaz Gill’s claim in which he had said that two of Imran Khan’s mobile phones were stolen in the Sialkot jalsa, Sanaullah said that Imran Khan’s mobile phones must have been stolen by his companions, because the kind of people he is surrounded by, “only they can do it”.

Commenting on the current economic condition of the country, the interior minister said: “It is decided to resume the International Monetary Fund (IMF) programme as it is necessary, however, increase in petrol prices will not affect poor, the burden will be a shifted on rich people.

“We are ready for the election, once the country sees some economic stability we will move towards polls,” he stated.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here