The world’s richest musician Rihanna has dropped the suit, she had filed against her father, weeks before they were due to meet in court.
The pop star had charged her father Ronald Fenty for exploiting her name to benefit his own entertainment company. In 2019, Rihanna sued him for invasion of privacy and false advertising.
The singer said that her father tried to book her for an international concert without her permission.
The hearing of the case was due on 22 September but Rihanna filed an application to dismiss the case on Tuesday.
The case was due to come to trial on 22 September, but Rihanna filed to dismiss the case on Tuesday.
No explanation regarding the dismissal was given by the star but Reports suggest that she settled the issue with her father and his business partner out of the court.
Rihanna filed her legal case two years ago, saying: “Although Mr. Fenty is Rihanna’s father, he does not have, and never has had, authority to act on Rihanna’s behalf.”
Rihanna’s lawyers in the court documents said that Mr. Fenty and Mr. Perkins had made fraudulent efforts to scam millions of dollars from unsuspecting third parties in exchange for the false promise that they had been acting on Rihanna’s behalf.
The singer has had a problematic relationship with her father who has struggled with drug addiction in the past.