A district court in Lahore has cancelled the warrants issued for the arrest of actor Saba Qamar and singer Bilal Saeed in a case regarding the alleged desecration of the Wazir Khan mosque.
Saeed and Qamar submitted an application saying they were innocent and law-abiding citizens.
In their plea, Saeed denied receiving a court summons and Qamar said that she had received the court summons late on September 7 with the hearing scheduled for the next day.
The subsequent court order said, “Both accused persons appeared before the court and requested to withdraw bailable warrants of arrest issued by this court. In the interest of justice, same is hereby accepted.”
The honourable Court also order the duo to appear at the next hearing on October 6 and submit personal surety bonds worth Rs 30,000 each.
Earlier on Wednesday, Judicial Magistrate Jowaria Munir Bhatti had issued the warrants of their arrest with the bail set at Rs 30,000 each when the pair failed to appear in front of the court.
The two became the centre of criticism in August last year after it emerged that they had shot footage inside the historic mosque while working on the video of a song.
Since the controversy, Qamar and Saeed have apologised for the unfortunate incident and explained their point of view with regard to the controversial video shoot.