Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi stated that the notification to curb the powers of the south Punjab secretariat was a plot against the Punjab government and that nobody could withdraw its powers.
“I contacted the chief minister and the provincial ministers and all of them were unaware of it. The approval for the notification was sought neither from the CM nor from the provincial cabinet. What was the motive behind it?,” he said.
“The notification was the negation of the PTI’s manifesto and dream of Prime Minister Imran Khan to create a separate province. We are agreed that if everything is going to decide in Lahore then why Rs4 billion have been spent to establish the offices in south Punjab,” he added.
The foreign minister revealed that his son had informed him of the notification containing the withdrawal of the South Punjab secretariat’s powers while he himself had been out of the country. All MPA’s, ministers along with the chief minister were unaware of the notification, he announced in an address to the media.
“We don’t need a post office in south Punjab rather we will create a separate province as per the PTI’s manifesto. My meeting with the chief minister over the issue is scheduled on Monday in which I will demand a thorough inquiry into it,” Shah Mahmood said.
The minister condemned those seeking to create chaos in the South Punjab secretariat, ensuring the secretariat’s protection by all members of national and provincial assemblies, ministers and Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar.